Assam: Woman molested in police custody
Morigaon: A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam`s Morigaon district, police said on Thursday.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
Necessary legal action would be initiated against the Officer in Charge if the medical examination of the woman proves conclusive, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal