Assam: Woman molested in police custody
Morigaon: A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam`s Morigaon district, police said on Thursday.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
Necessary legal action would be initiated against the Officer in Charge if the medical examination of the woman proves conclusive, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report