Assam: Woman molested in police custody
Morigaon: A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam`s Morigaon district, police said on Thursday.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
Necessary legal action would be initiated against the Officer in Charge if the medical examination of the woman proves conclusive, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’