Assam: Woman molested in police custody
Morigaon: A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam`s Morigaon district, police said on Thursday.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
Necessary legal action would be initiated against the Officer in Charge if the medical examination of the woman proves conclusive, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report