Assam`s population is 31.17 crore
Guwahati: Assam`s population is now
3,11,69,272 registering an increase of 45,13,744 in the last
10 years, according to the provisional 2011 Census report for
the state released I Guwahati on Tuesday.
Assam`s population has 1,59,54,927 male and
1,52,14,345 female, Director of Census Operations Rabendra
Kumar Das said quoting the report.
The 2001-11 decade increase has been 16.93 per cent.
The highest growth of population at 24.40 per cent was
in Dhubri district bordering Bangladesh, while the growth has
decreased to 20.74 per cent from 21.87 per cent in Karimganj,
the other district along that country.
The population growth in the state during 1991-2001
was 18.92 per cent, according to the report.
The density of population has also increased to 397
per sq km against 340 in 2001, the report said.
The proportion of child population in the age group
0-6 has increased to 14.47 per cent with 14.50 per cent
females from 16.87 per cent with 17.15 per cent females in
The total literate population is 1,95,07,017 persons,
including 87,50,080 females, while the literacy rate is 73.81
per cent with 78.81 per cent male and 67.27 per cent females.
The literacy rate has gone up from 63.25 per cent in
2001 to 73.18 per cent in 2011 showing an increase of 9.93 per
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Revealed! Release date of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser
- Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's Cate Campbell swam with hernia, says report
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged