Bangladeshi infiltrators influencing politics in NE: RSS chief
Raipur: Claiming that Bangladeshi infiltrators were influencing the politics in the North-East region, RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said these "unwanted elements" from across the border had taken over the government in Assam.
"These infiltrators enrol their names in the voters` list and influence the politics in the country. They have accessed the power to run government in states like Assam," he said while delivering a key-note address at the concluding ceremony of RSS` three-day `chintan shivir` here.
He also stressed upon having proper demarcation of international borders so that it becomes easy to keep an eye on the illegal influx into the country.
"Accurate demarcation of border with the neighbouring countries is needed to curb the influx of infiltrators, fake currency, drugs and terrorists," he said.
Bhagwat said shelter should be provided to Hindu families that are coming to India after suffering atrocities in other countries.
"People, particularly Hindu families, who have been facing atrocities and who wish to settle here, should be given shelter as per the Indian tradition," he said, adding that except India there was no other country for Hindus in the world.
"They are forced to migrate from their country to save their religion and social dignity," he said.
Besides, there should be some provision to put pressure on that country (abroad) to ensure the safety of Hindu people in their land, he said.
He criticised the UPA government over FDI in multi-brand retail saying it would result in small retailers and traders losing their livelihood, which would also put the country`s food security at risk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez