Bangladeshi man arrested in Assam
Guwahati: A Bangladeshi national was arrested in this main Assam city for illegal stay in India since 1993 and employment in a courier company, police said on Saturday.
Subrata Dasgupta was arrested from a rented house in Islampur area late Friday night. He did not have valid documents, including visa, to enter India.
Police said that preliminary investigation showed that the accused hails from Manikgaon area in Bangladesh`s Dhaka district.
"Subrata has been working at a private courier company in Guwahati. He entered India in 1993 and stayed in Kolkata for several years," a police official said.
The accused was living in Assam for more than 10 years and married an Indian woman from Kolkata five months back, he said.
"We are going to present him in court and he is likely to be deported back to Bangladesh," the police official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video