Bangladeshi man arrested in Assam
Guwahati: A Bangladeshi national was arrested in this main Assam city for illegal stay in India since 1993 and employment in a courier company, police said on Saturday.
Subrata Dasgupta was arrested from a rented house in Islampur area late Friday night. He did not have valid documents, including visa, to enter India.
Police said that preliminary investigation showed that the accused hails from Manikgaon area in Bangladesh`s Dhaka district.
"Subrata has been working at a private courier company in Guwahati. He entered India in 1993 and stayed in Kolkata for several years," a police official said.
The accused was living in Assam for more than 10 years and married an Indian woman from Kolkata five months back, he said.
"We are going to present him in court and he is likely to be deported back to Bangladesh," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'