Bangladeshi man arrested in Assam
Guwahati: A Bangladeshi national was arrested in this main Assam city for illegal stay in India since 1993 and employment in a courier company, police said on Saturday.
Subrata Dasgupta was arrested from a rented house in Islampur area late Friday night. He did not have valid documents, including visa, to enter India.
Police said that preliminary investigation showed that the accused hails from Manikgaon area in Bangladesh`s Dhaka district.
"Subrata has been working at a private courier company in Guwahati. He entered India in 1993 and stayed in Kolkata for several years," a police official said.
The accused was living in Assam for more than 10 years and married an Indian woman from Kolkata five months back, he said.
"We are going to present him in court and he is likely to be deported back to Bangladesh," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS