Bangladeshi national held at border in Guwahati
Guwahati: Two persons, including a Bangladeshi national, were apprehended by BSF personnel along the Indo-Bangladesh border in Assam`s Dhubri district, BSF sources said on Wednesday.
Patrolling jawans of Binachar border outpost nabbed the Bangladeshi national from near the border in Dhubri while he was allegedly trying to cross over illegally yesterday.
The Bangladeshi national has been identified as Sajul Haque, a resident of Nowadapara village in Kurigram district of the neighbouring country, who claimed that he was trying to cross the border with the intention to earn some money by working as a labourer in India.
In another incident, an Indian national was apprehended near the Boreralga border in the the same district while he was trying to return to the country yesterday after having earlier crossed over to Bangladesh.
The arrested person has been identified as Aminur Islam, a resident of Mankachar in Dhubri. Meanwhile, a huge consignment of Indian goods was seized on the border by BSF troops of Guwahati Frontier while the smugglers were attempting to smuggle these items from India to Bangladesh through the riverine border in Hatichar and Kalaicharbari under Dhubri district.
The seized articles include kerosene, country made boats, utensils and new bicycles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India