Barak Valley Express derails; one injured
Guwahati/Haflong: One person was injured when four coaches of the Barak Valley Express derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
The incident took place at around 1 pm at a remote place between Harangajao railway station and Milongdisa.
Northeast Frontier (NEF) Railway Chief Public Relation Officer SS Hajong said in Guwahati that the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Hajong said only one person was injured in the incident. However, earlier reports from Haflong had mentioned the number of injured was around 20-25.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment, Hajong said.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’