Barak Valley Express derails; one injured
Guwahati/Haflong: One person was injured when four coaches of the Barak Valley Express derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
The incident took place at around 1 pm at a remote place between Harangajao railway station and Milongdisa.
Northeast Frontier (NEF) Railway Chief Public Relation Officer SS Hajong said in Guwahati that the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Hajong said only one person was injured in the incident. However, earlier reports from Haflong had mentioned the number of injured was around 20-25.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment, Hajong said.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'