Barak Valley Express derails; one injured
Guwahati/Haflong: One person was injured when four coaches of the Barak Valley Express derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
The incident took place at around 1 pm at a remote place between Harangajao railway station and Milongdisa.
Northeast Frontier (NEF) Railway Chief Public Relation Officer SS Hajong said in Guwahati that the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Hajong said only one person was injured in the incident. However, earlier reports from Haflong had mentioned the number of injured was around 20-25.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment, Hajong said.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report