Barak Valley Express derails; one injured
Guwahati/Haflong: One person was injured when four coaches of the Barak Valley Express derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
The incident took place at around 1 pm at a remote place between Harangajao railway station and Milongdisa.
Northeast Frontier (NEF) Railway Chief Public Relation Officer SS Hajong said in Guwahati that the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Hajong said only one person was injured in the incident. However, earlier reports from Haflong had mentioned the number of injured was around 20-25.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment, Hajong said.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL