Barak Valley Express derails; one injured
Guwahati/Haflong: One person was injured when four coaches of the Barak Valley Express derailed this afternoon at Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam.
The incident took place at around 1 pm at a remote place between Harangajao railway station and Milongdisa.
Northeast Frontier (NEF) Railway Chief Public Relation Officer SS Hajong said in Guwahati that the train was on its way from Lumding to Silchar.
Hajong said only one person was injured in the incident. However, earlier reports from Haflong had mentioned the number of injured was around 20-25.
Senior railway officials rushed to the spot and work has been taken up to repair parts of the track which was damaged due to the derailment, Hajong said.
All railway services in the metergauge track connecting Barak Valley to the rest of Assam has been temporarily stopped till the track is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement