Barpeta DC assaulted for stopping illegal petrol sale
Barpeta (Assam): The Deputy Commissioner of lower Assam`s Barpeta district was today assaulted by a group of people selling petrol illegally when he tried to stop them, official sources said.
Deputy Commissioner Siddharth Singh was on way to Majdia town from the district headquarters in Barpeta when the incident took place, the sources said.
The DC stopped his convoy after noticing some people selling petrol near the road and told them to stop the illegal activity. Soon a group of locals gathered at the spot and a scuffle ensued, they said.
Singh suffered minor injuries during the incident while one of his bodyguards was also injured, sources said.
One person has been arrested in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what