Barpeta DC assaulted for stopping illegal petrol sale
Barpeta (Assam): The Deputy Commissioner of lower Assam`s Barpeta district was on Wednesday assaulted by a group of people selling petrol illegally when he tried to stop them, official sources said.
Deputy Commissioner Siddharth Singh was on way to Majdia town from the district headquarters in Barpeta when the incident took place, the sources said.
The DC stopped his convoy after noticing some people selling petrol near the road and told them to stop the illegal activity. Soon a group of locals gathered at the spot and a scuffle ensued, they said.
Singh suffered minor injuries during the incident while one of his bodyguards was also injured, sources said.
One person has been arrested in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside