Barpeta DC assaulted for stopping illegal petrol sale
Barpeta (Assam): The Deputy Commissioner of lower Assam`s Barpeta district was on Wednesday assaulted by a group of people selling petrol illegally when he tried to stop them, official sources said.
Deputy Commissioner Siddharth Singh was on way to Majdia town from the district headquarters in Barpeta when the incident took place, the sources said.
The DC stopped his convoy after noticing some people selling petrol near the road and told them to stop the illegal activity. Soon a group of locals gathered at the spot and a scuffle ensued, they said.
Singh suffered minor injuries during the incident while one of his bodyguards was also injured, sources said.
One person has been arrested in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali