Barpeta DC assaulted for stopping illegal petrol sale
Barpeta (Assam): The Deputy Commissioner of lower Assam`s Barpeta district was on Wednesday assaulted by a group of people selling petrol illegally when he tried to stop them, official sources said.
Deputy Commissioner Siddharth Singh was on way to Majdia town from the district headquarters in Barpeta when the incident took place, the sources said.
The DC stopped his convoy after noticing some people selling petrol near the road and told them to stop the illegal activity. Soon a group of locals gathered at the spot and a scuffle ensued, they said.
Singh suffered minor injuries during the incident while one of his bodyguards was also injured, sources said.
One person has been arrested in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Memories in making with noir shades, Shah Rukh Khan rejoices evening with 'Dear Zindagi' team!
- New 'Star Wars' character from 'Rogue One' unveiled
- Kicking the butt can cut daily drinking too
- Olympics: IOC report 45 new doping failures from 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Games
- Female smokers at higher risk of brain bleed