Bharat Bandh: Life hit in Assam
Guwahati: Normal life in Assam was affected Thursday during the bandh called by the NDA and several organisations including the opposition AGP to protest the hike in petrol prices.
Schools and Colleges were closed, many financial institutions were also closed and government offices reported thin attendance while vehicular traffic was off the road.
Bandh supporters blocked train movement by squatting in the railway tracks at Maligaon but police evicted them, police sources said.
"Their is no report of any untoward incident and the situation is normal", Assam Director General of Police Jayanta Narayan Choudhury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?