Bhutan to seal border in Assam for 24 hrs
Guwahati: In view of the general elections in Bhutan, the international border with Assam will be sealed for 24 hours from July 12 evening.
According to an official release, the international border gates along Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Chirang districts will be sealed and "movement of people and vehicles through the gates restricted from 6 PM on July 12, 2013 to 6 PM on July 13, 2013".
This was informed in a letter to the Principal Secretary, Home and Political Department, Government of Assam from the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'