Bhutan to seal border in Assam for 24 hrs
Guwahati: In view of the general elections in Bhutan, the international border with Assam will be sealed for 24 hours from July 12 evening.
According to an official release, the international border gates along Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Chirang districts will be sealed and "movement of people and vehicles through the gates restricted from 6 PM on July 12, 2013 to 6 PM on July 13, 2013".
This was informed in a letter to the Principal Secretary, Home and Political Department, Government of Assam from the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!