Bhutan to seal border in Assam for 24 hrs
Guwahati: In view of the general elections in Bhutan, the international border with Assam will be sealed for 24 hours from July 12 evening.
According to an official release, the international border gates along Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Chirang districts will be sealed and "movement of people and vehicles through the gates restricted from 6 PM on July 12, 2013 to 6 PM on July 13, 2013".
This was informed in a letter to the Principal Secretary, Home and Political Department, Government of Assam from the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured