BJP demands Assam minister`s resignation
Karimganj: The BJP has demanded the
resignation of Assam Border Area Development minister
Siddeque Ahmed for his alleged role in grabbing land in a
BJP Karimganj district President Jyotirmoy Das on Sunday
said Ahmed should resign over his alleged involvement in
grabbing of reserve forest land in the Patharia ranges, known
for its rich forest wealth and elephant habitats.
Das also charged the minister with evicting poor and
landless settlers from the reserve forest.
The BJP leader cited central goverment data to claim that
Assam has has lost maximum forest cover among North Eastern
states in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers