BJP demands Assam minister`s resignation
Karimganj: The BJP has demanded the
resignation of Assam Border Area Development minister
Siddeque Ahmed for his alleged role in grabbing land in a
BJP Karimganj district President Jyotirmoy Das on Sunday
said Ahmed should resign over his alleged involvement in
grabbing of reserve forest land in the Patharia ranges, known
for its rich forest wealth and elephant habitats.
Das also charged the minister with evicting poor and
landless settlers from the reserve forest.
The BJP leader cited central goverment data to claim that
Assam has has lost maximum forest cover among North Eastern
states in recent years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video