BJP demo in Assam to `expose` Gogoi govt
Guwahati: The BJP on Saturday demonstrated
across Assam to `expose` the Tarun Gogoi-led Congress
government for `failing` to safeguard people`s interests even
after completion of 100 days in office for the third term".
The demonstrations here was led by BJP state unit
president Ranjit Dutta, MLA, and by other leaders in the
Talking to reporters, Dutta accused Tarun Gogoi of not
being bothered about Assam and its people`s interest.
"Instead of restarting the halted updating of the
National Register of Citizens (NRC) to save the people of
Assam from the grip of illegal Bangladeshis, Gogoi is busy
engaging himself in ensuring their safety and security," Dutta
"Tarun Gogoi is going to Bangladesh with the Prime
Minister this week. Why can`t he force Bangladesh to take back
their citizens illegally migrated to Assam?" he asked.
Though Gogoi had promised to provide a corruption free
government before the polls, he allowed "tainted ministers,
MLAs and officials" to continue in their earlier posts, the
BJP leader alleged.
The BJP also charged the government with failing to
uphold its promises to improve agriculture, industry,
education, health and other vital sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city