BJP demo in Assam to `expose` Gogoi govt
Guwahati: The BJP on Saturday demonstrated
across Assam to `expose` the Tarun Gogoi-led Congress
government for `failing` to safeguard people`s interests even
after completion of 100 days in office for the third term".
The demonstrations here was led by BJP state unit
president Ranjit Dutta, MLA, and by other leaders in the
Talking to reporters, Dutta accused Tarun Gogoi of not
being bothered about Assam and its people`s interest.
"Instead of restarting the halted updating of the
National Register of Citizens (NRC) to save the people of
Assam from the grip of illegal Bangladeshis, Gogoi is busy
engaging himself in ensuring their safety and security," Dutta
"Tarun Gogoi is going to Bangladesh with the Prime
Minister this week. Why can`t he force Bangladesh to take back
their citizens illegally migrated to Assam?" he asked.
Though Gogoi had promised to provide a corruption free
government before the polls, he allowed "tainted ministers,
MLAs and officials" to continue in their earlier posts, the
BJP leader alleged.
The BJP also charged the government with failing to
uphold its promises to improve agriculture, industry,
education, health and other vital sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM