BJP MP, Congress MLA lock horns in public
Guwahati: BJP Lok Sabha MP Bijoya Chakravarty and Congress MLA Hemanta Talukdar engaged in a verbal duel on a street and in front of TV cameras.
While both the leaders shouted at one another, some of their supporters got engaged in a scuffle.
The incident took place at Maligaon locality where Chakravarty had gone with her party members following eviction of some people by the railways recently.
Talukdar, the local MLA from Guwahati West constituency, was already there addressing the media.
The BJP MP reached the spot and accused the Congress MLA of not doing anything to help the people who have been evicted from railway land.
Talukdar too shouted back at her.
The entire episode was later telecast by local TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!