BJP MP, Congress MLA lock horns in public
Guwahati: BJP Lok Sabha MP Bijoya Chakravarty and Congress MLA Hemanta Talukdar engaged in a verbal duel on a street and in front of TV cameras.
While both the leaders shouted at one another, some of their supporters got engaged in a scuffle.
The incident took place at Maligaon locality where Chakravarty had gone with her party members following eviction of some people by the railways recently.
Talukdar, the local MLA from Guwahati West constituency, was already there addressing the media.
The BJP MP reached the spot and accused the Congress MLA of not doing anything to help the people who have been evicted from railway land.
Talukdar too shouted back at her.
The entire episode was later telecast by local TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh