BJP MP, Congress MLA lock horns in public
Guwahati: BJP Lok Sabha MP Bijoya Chakravarty and Congress MLA Hemanta Talukdar engaged in a verbal duel on a street and in front of TV cameras.
While both the leaders shouted at one another, some of their supporters got engaged in a scuffle.
The incident took place at Maligaon locality where Chakravarty had gone with her party members following eviction of some people by the railways recently.
Talukdar, the local MLA from Guwahati West constituency, was already there addressing the media.
The BJP MP reached the spot and accused the Congress MLA of not doing anything to help the people who have been evicted from railway land.
Talukdar too shouted back at her.
The entire episode was later telecast by local TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch