BJP MP, Congress MLA lock horns in public
Guwahati: BJP Lok Sabha MP Bijoya Chakravarty and Congress MLA Hemanta Talukdar engaged in a verbal duel on a street and in front of TV cameras.
While both the leaders shouted at one another, some of their supporters got engaged in a scuffle.
The incident took place at Maligaon locality where Chakravarty had gone with her party members following eviction of some people by the railways recently.
Talukdar, the local MLA from Guwahati West constituency, was already there addressing the media.
The BJP MP reached the spot and accused the Congress MLA of not doing anything to help the people who have been evicted from railway land.
Talukdar too shouted back at her.
The entire episode was later telecast by local TV channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...