BJP MP demands inquiry in ATR-9760`s emergency landing
Silchar: BJP MP of Silchar Kabindra Purkayastha on Tuesday demanded a thorough enquiry into the detachment of the noseweheel of the ATR 9760 flight from Silchar to Guwahati and its subsequent emergency landing on Sunday.
Purkaystha in a letter to Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh alleged that the technical snag in the aircraft indicated the casual attitude of the authorities in maintaining flight service in the region.
He also urged the Union Minister to explain why night landing was not introduced in Silchar`s Kumbhirgram airport though the entire system had been already installed.
``The airport was prepared to start night landing facilities but the necessary permission has not been accorded so far``, he added.
He urged the Union Minister to take necessary steps to start the night landing facilities at the airport.
Purkayastha also praised Captain Urmila Yadav for averting a major mishap and saving the lives of 52 persons, including four crew members.
The Director General of Civil Aviation was already conducting an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand