BJP MP demands inquiry in ATR-9760`s emergency landing
Silchar: BJP MP of Silchar Kabindra Purkayastha on Tuesday demanded a thorough enquiry into the detachment of the noseweheel of the ATR 9760 flight from Silchar to Guwahati and its subsequent emergency landing on Sunday.
Purkaystha in a letter to Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh alleged that the technical snag in the aircraft indicated the casual attitude of the authorities in maintaining flight service in the region.
He also urged the Union Minister to explain why night landing was not introduced in Silchar`s Kumbhirgram airport though the entire system had been already installed.
``The airport was prepared to start night landing facilities but the necessary permission has not been accorded so far``, he added.
He urged the Union Minister to take necessary steps to start the night landing facilities at the airport.
Purkayastha also praised Captain Urmila Yadav for averting a major mishap and saving the lives of 52 persons, including four crew members.
The Director General of Civil Aviation was already conducting an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi