BJP MP demands inquiry in ATR-9760`s emergency landing
Silchar: BJP MP of Silchar Kabindra Purkayastha on Tuesday demanded a thorough enquiry into the detachment of the noseweheel of the ATR 9760 flight from Silchar to Guwahati and its subsequent emergency landing on Sunday.
Purkaystha in a letter to Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh alleged that the technical snag in the aircraft indicated the casual attitude of the authorities in maintaining flight service in the region.
He also urged the Union Minister to explain why night landing was not introduced in Silchar`s Kumbhirgram airport though the entire system had been already installed.
``The airport was prepared to start night landing facilities but the necessary permission has not been accorded so far``, he added.
He urged the Union Minister to take necessary steps to start the night landing facilities at the airport.
Purkayastha also praised Captain Urmila Yadav for averting a major mishap and saving the lives of 52 persons, including four crew members.
The Director General of Civil Aviation was already conducting an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future