BJP not discouraged by Assam poll results: Gadkari
Guwahati: The BJP is not discouraged by
the outcome of the Assam Assembly results and will forge ahead
to increase its vote share in the Congress ruled state, its
president Nitin Gadkari said on Saturday.
"The BJP is not discouraged by the results. During the
previous elections (2006) we had got 12 per cent votes. This
time too we got 12 per cent," Gadkari told reporters here
after analysing the poll results and reviewing organisational
During the two-day deliberations since yesterday,
he said, the party discussed the poll debacle reducing it to
five seats from ten in the 2006 elections.
"It is a lesson for us on what future steps we should take
and how to go ahead and secure more percentage of votes in the
next elections," he said.
He also asserted that there was no plan to change the
state party leadership. Ranjit Kumar Das is the state
Gadkari said that the BJP had told the Election
Commission that there would be paper back up together with
EVMs for impartial polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter