BJP not discouraged by Assam poll results: Gadkari
Guwahati: The BJP is not discouraged by
the outcome of the Assam Assembly results and will forge ahead
to increase its vote share in the Congress ruled state, its
president Nitin Gadkari said on Saturday.
"The BJP is not discouraged by the results. During the
previous elections (2006) we had got 12 per cent votes. This
time too we got 12 per cent," Gadkari told reporters here
after analysing the poll results and reviewing organisational
During the two-day deliberations since yesterday,
he said, the party discussed the poll debacle reducing it to
five seats from ten in the 2006 elections.
"It is a lesson for us on what future steps we should take
and how to go ahead and secure more percentage of votes in the
next elections," he said.
He also asserted that there was no plan to change the
state party leadership. Ranjit Kumar Das is the state
Gadkari said that the BJP had told the Election
Commission that there would be paper back up together with
EVMs for impartial polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency