Blast in Assam
Guwahati: Suspected Bodo militants triggered a bomb blast on Wednesday in Assam`s Bongaigaon town, but there were no casualties, police said.
The blast took place near the Mayapuri cinema hall around 12 noon.
Preliminary investigation indicated it was a crude bomb attached to a cycle parked in the area. No major damage to property was reported, police said.
Police said the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) may have been behind the blast. The faction has sizable presence in Bongaigaon and in the four districts of the Bodoland Territorial Areas Districts (BTAD) -- Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri.
The outfit had triggered a blast in Kokrajhar town on Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"