Blast in Assam
Guwahati: Suspected Bodo militants triggered a bomb blast on Wednesday in Assam`s Bongaigaon town, but there were no casualties, police said.
The blast took place near the Mayapuri cinema hall around 12 noon.
Preliminary investigation indicated it was a crude bomb attached to a cycle parked in the area. No major damage to property was reported, police said.
Police said the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) may have been behind the blast. The faction has sizable presence in Bongaigaon and in the four districts of the Bodoland Territorial Areas Districts (BTAD) -- Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri.
The outfit had triggered a blast in Kokrajhar town on Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note