Blast near Assam CM`s residence, boy injured
Guwahati: A teenager was injured when a detonator he was carrying home exploded near Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s official residence at Koinadhora here Saturday.
The teenager, identified as Sanjib Das, found the detonator attached to a wire at a stone quarry on the Assam-Meghalaya border and was carrying it home at Uday Nagar here when it exploded in the high security area, IGP (Central Western Range) L R Bishnoi said.
The IGP said the teenager suffered minor injuries in the explosion which was a small one and caused no damage.
He said that Das was administered first aid at a hospital and released.
The area around the chief minister`s official residence was cordoned off and security measures tightened.
Das is a school student of class nine, official sources said. Such detonators for use in blasting stones, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days