Blast near Assam CM`s residence, boy injured
Guwahati: A teenager was injured when a detonator he was carrying home exploded near Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s official residence at Koinadhora here Saturday.
The teenager, identified as Sanjib Das, found the detonator attached to a wire at a stone quarry on the Assam-Meghalaya border and was carrying it home at Uday Nagar here when it exploded in the high security area, IGP (Central Western Range) L R Bishnoi said.
The IGP said the teenager suffered minor injuries in the explosion which was a small one and caused no damage.
He said that Das was administered first aid at a hospital and released.
The area around the chief minister`s official residence was cordoned off and security measures tightened.
Das is a school student of class nine, official sources said. Such detonators for use in blasting stones, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?