Blast near Assam CM`s residence, boy injured
Guwahati: A teenager was injured when a detonator he was carrying home exploded near Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s official residence at Koinadhora here Saturday.
The teenager, identified as Sanjib Das, found the detonator attached to a wire at a stone quarry on the Assam-Meghalaya border and was carrying it home at Uday Nagar here when it exploded in the high security area, IGP (Central Western Range) L R Bishnoi said.
The IGP said the teenager suffered minor injuries in the explosion which was a small one and caused no damage.
He said that Das was administered first aid at a hospital and released.
The area around the chief minister`s official residence was cordoned off and security measures tightened.
Das is a school student of class nine, official sources said. Such detonators for use in blasting stones, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...