Blast near Assam CM`s residence, boy injured
Guwahati: A teenager was injured when a detonator he was carrying home exploded near Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s official residence at Koinadhora here Saturday.
The teenager, identified as Sanjib Das, found the detonator attached to a wire at a stone quarry on the Assam-Meghalaya border and was carrying it home at Uday Nagar here when it exploded in the high security area, IGP (Central Western Range) L R Bishnoi said.
The IGP said the teenager suffered minor injuries in the explosion which was a small one and caused no damage.
He said that Das was administered first aid at a hospital and released.
The area around the chief minister`s official residence was cordoned off and security measures tightened.
Das is a school student of class nine, official sources said. Such detonators for use in blasting stones, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai