Blast near Assam CM`s residence, boy injured
Guwahati: A teenager was injured when a detonator he was carrying home exploded near Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi`s official residence at Koinadhora here Saturday.
The teenager, identified as Sanjib Das, found the detonator attached to a wire at a stone quarry on the Assam-Meghalaya border and was carrying it home at Uday Nagar here when it exploded in the high security area, IGP (Central Western Range) L R Bishnoi said.
The IGP said the teenager suffered minor injuries in the explosion which was a small one and caused no damage.
He said that Das was administered first aid at a hospital and released.
The area around the chief minister`s official residence was cordoned off and security measures tightened.
Das is a school student of class nine, official sources said. Such detonators for use in blasting stones, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview