Blast on railway track in Kokrajhar, no injury
Kokrajhar: Passengers of the Howrah-Guwahati down Garibrath Express had a providential escape on Sunday when a powerful bomb exploded on the railway tracks minutes after it passed Goabari in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district.
There was no casualty or injury.
The bomb suspected to have been planted by the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) exploded at 1.10 AM two minutes after the train passed the area between Gossaigaon and Fakiragram, police said.
The blast blew away three feet of railway track and left a two feet deep crater at the spot, they said.
Initially, train services were affected for about five hours. But the line was repaired and train services restored in the morning.
As the railway line is a double track one, the trains scheduled to pass over the damaged track were diverted to the adjacent one, railway sources said.
Security forces have launched a search operation to nab the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!