Blast targets CRPF vehicle in Goalpara; none hurt
Guwahati (Assam): Suspected ULFA militants detonated an IED targeting a CRPF team in Assam`s Goalpara district on Thursday, but none was hurt.
The blast, triggered from a hill, targetted two CRPF vehicles at Khardong under Krishnai police station at around 2:00 pm, but they crossed the area before the IED exploded, Goalpara Superintendet of Police Shyamal Saikia said.
Additional forces have been sent to the area.
The explosion comes two days after a powerful bomb was recovered and defused near the National Highway 37 at Haldapara in Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees