Blast targets CRPF vehicle in Goalpara; none hurt
Guwahati (Assam): Suspected ULFA militants detonated an IED targeting a CRPF team in Assam`s Goalpara district on Thursday, but none was hurt.
The blast, triggered from a hill, targetted two CRPF vehicles at Khardong under Krishnai police station at around 2:00 pm, but they crossed the area before the IED exploded, Goalpara Superintendet of Police Shyamal Saikia said.
Additional forces have been sent to the area.
The explosion comes two days after a powerful bomb was recovered and defused near the National Highway 37 at Haldapara in Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS