Blast targets CRPF vehicle in Goalpara; none hurt
Guwahati (Assam): Suspected ULFA militants detonated an IED targeting a CRPF team in Assam`s Goalpara district on Thursday, but none was hurt.
The blast, triggered from a hill, targetted two CRPF vehicles at Khardong under Krishnai police station at around 2:00 pm, but they crossed the area before the IED exploded, Goalpara Superintendet of Police Shyamal Saikia said.
Additional forces have been sent to the area.
The explosion comes two days after a powerful bomb was recovered and defused near the National Highway 37 at Haldapara in Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan