Blast targets CRPF vehicle in Goalpara; none hurt
Guwahati (Assam): Suspected ULFA militants detonated an IED targeting a CRPF team in Assam`s Goalpara district on Thursday, but none was hurt.
The blast, triggered from a hill, targetted two CRPF vehicles at Khardong under Krishnai police station at around 2:00 pm, but they crossed the area before the IED exploded, Goalpara Superintendet of Police Shyamal Saikia said.
Additional forces have been sent to the area.
The explosion comes two days after a powerful bomb was recovered and defused near the National Highway 37 at Haldapara in Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read