Blast targets CRPF vehicle in Goalpara; none hurt
Guwahati (Assam): Suspected ULFA militants detonated an IED targeting a CRPF team in Assam`s Goalpara district on Thursday, but none was hurt.
The blast, triggered from a hill, targetted two CRPF vehicles at Khardong under Krishnai police station at around 2:00 pm, but they crossed the area before the IED exploded, Goalpara Superintendet of Police Shyamal Saikia said.
Additional forces have been sent to the area.
The explosion comes two days after a powerful bomb was recovered and defused near the National Highway 37 at Haldapara in Goalpara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi