Guwahati: The pro-talk NDFB faction Friday threatened to pull out of the peace process if the government does not release its president Ranjan Daimary and others by Nov 30.
The National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) faction, which has been in a ceasefire pact, said this in a statement signed by the outfit's self-styled lieutenant and information and publicity secretary B. Naijab.
The main accused in the 2008 Assam serial blasts that killed over 100 civilians, Daimary alias D.R. Nabla was arrested in Bangladesh in 2010 and handed over to Indian authorities the same year.
He was granted bail last year to give impetus to the government's peace process with the outfit.
Daimary was, however, again arrested Sep 29 this year, when he went to appear in the hearing of his TADA cases in a Guwahati court.
Naijab said: "Despite odds, the NDFB has been working hard for peace and resolution of the conflict since its declaration of unilateral ceasefire Aug 1, 2011. As a result of prolonged negotiation between the government of India and the outfit, Daimary was released on bail. Subsequently, after several rounds of discussions, the NDFB has entered into formal ceasefire with the government of India Nov 29, 2013."
He said: "Although the general election and the formation of a new government in Delhi slowed down the pace of peace process, NDFB has submitted its memorandum to the prime minister and home minister of India Sep 27 through the government-appointed interlocutor P.C. Haldar."
He added that the re-arrest of Daimary is not only surprising but also unprecedented, discriminatory and insulting.
He said: "Therefore, NDFB has decided to pull out of the peace process unless the government proves its seriousness to expedite the peace process by releasing Daimary, other leaders and cadres of the outfit by Nov 30 this year."