Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Five cadres of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s (NDFB) anti-talk faction and a linkman of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) were arrested in two separate incidents in Assam Tuesday, police said.
In the first incident, the five hardcore cadres of the outfit were nabbed during a joint operation by army and police in Paneri area of Udalguri district.
A 9mm pistol, 10 Chinese grenades, 15 rounds of live ammunition, some mobile handsets and some incriminating documents were recovered from thearrested cadres, police said.
The five cadres have been identified as Prajnal Basumatary, Bhagya Boro, F Basumatary, Sanchuma Basumatary and N Basumatary, police said.
In another incident at Baksa district, a joint army-police operation led to arrest of the ULFA linkman, identified as Dhanjit Rabhaon.
Police have recovered a 9mm pistol, two magazines and two rounds of live ammunition from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police