Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam
Guwahati: Five cadres of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland`s (NDFB) anti-talk faction and a linkman of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) were arrested in two separate incidents in Assam Tuesday, police said.
In the first incident, the five hardcore cadres of the outfit were nabbed during a joint operation by army and police in Paneri area of Udalguri district.
A 9mm pistol, 10 Chinese grenades, 15 rounds of live ammunition, some mobile handsets and some incriminating documents were recovered from thearrested cadres, police said.
The five cadres have been identified as Prajnal Basumatary, Bhagya Boro, F Basumatary, Sanchuma Basumatary and N Basumatary, police said.
In another incident at Baksa district, a joint army-police operation led to arrest of the ULFA linkman, identified as Dhanjit Rabhaon.
Police have recovered a 9mm pistol, two magazines and two rounds of live ammunition from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends