Body of Assam Rifles jawan recovered from Brahmaputra Mail
Rangiya: The body of an Assam Rifles jawan was recovered Wednesday from Brahmaputra Mail at Rangiya railway station in Assam.
The body of Dharamvir Singh (45) was noticed by other passengers in the compartment when the train reached Bijni, police said.
The passengers informed the station authorities at Rangiya.
Singh, a native of Sonepat in Haryana, was posted in Manipur.
Police said he was returning from home and had boarded the Delhi-Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail on November 28. Though the cause of his death is yet to be ascertained, authorities suspect some ailment.
Rs 2,400 in cash, PAN and identity cards, clothes and some medicines were recovered from his baggage, the police said.
Senior Assam Rifles officials have reached Rangiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you