Body of Assam Rifles jawan recovered from Brahmaputra Mail
Rangiya: The body of an Assam Rifles jawan was recovered Wednesday from Brahmaputra Mail at Rangiya railway station in Assam.
The body of Dharamvir Singh (45) was noticed by other passengers in the compartment when the train reached Bijni, police said.
The passengers informed the station authorities at Rangiya.
Singh, a native of Sonepat in Haryana, was posted in Manipur.
Police said he was returning from home and had boarded the Delhi-Dibrugarh Brahmaputra Mail on November 28. Though the cause of his death is yet to be ascertained, authorities suspect some ailment.
Rs 2,400 in cash, PAN and identity cards, clothes and some medicines were recovered from his baggage, the police said.
Senior Assam Rifles officials have reached Rangiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!