Bomb defused in Assam’s Sibsagar town
Sibsagar/Guwahati: A bomb planted by suspected ULFA insurgents in upper Assam`s Sibsagar town was defused tonight by a joint team of army and police on the eve of Republic Day.
Police said the bomb was kept in a bag in front of a shop in the busy Station Chariali area.
Police dog squad along with an army team arrived at the spot to defuse the bomb, they said.
Security arrangements have been stepped up to prevent subversive activities on the Republic Day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days