Bomb defused in Assam’s Sibsagar town
Sibsagar/Guwahati: A bomb planted by suspected ULFA insurgents in upper Assam`s Sibsagar town was defused tonight by a joint team of army and police on the eve of Republic Day.
Police said the bomb was kept in a bag in front of a shop in the busy Station Chariali area.
Police dog squad along with an army team arrived at the spot to defuse the bomb, they said.
Security arrangements have been stepped up to prevent subversive activities on the Republic Day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights