Bomb defused in Assam’s Sibsagar town
Sibsagar/Guwahati: A bomb planted by suspected ULFA insurgents in upper Assam`s Sibsagar town was defused tonight by a joint team of army and police on the eve of Republic Day.
Police said the bomb was kept in a bag in front of a shop in the busy Station Chariali area.
Police dog squad along with an army team arrived at the spot to defuse the bomb, they said.
Security arrangements have been stepped up to prevent subversive activities on the Republic Day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video