Bomb defused in Assam’s Sibsagar town
Sibsagar/Guwahati: A bomb planted by suspected ULFA insurgents in upper Assam`s Sibsagar town was defused tonight by a joint team of army and police on the eve of Republic Day.
Police said the bomb was kept in a bag in front of a shop in the busy Station Chariali area.
Police dog squad along with an army team arrived at the spot to defuse the bomb, they said.
Security arrangements have been stepped up to prevent subversive activities on the Republic Day tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!