Bomb defused in Assam’s Sibsagar town
Sibsagar/Guwahati: A bomb planted by suspected ULFA insurgents in upper Assam`s Sibsagar town was defused tonight by a joint team of army and police on the eve of Republic Day.
Police said the bomb was kept in a bag in front of a shop in the busy Station Chariali area.
Police dog squad along with an army team arrived at the spot to defuse the bomb, they said.
Security arrangements have been stepped up to prevent subversive activities on the Republic Day tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read