Bomb-like objects found on rail tracks in Assam
Goalpara/Guwahati: Four bomb-like objects were recovered from train tracks between Dudhnoi and Krishnai stations in Lower Assam`s restive Goalpara district Friday morning.
Superintendent of Police Nitul Gogoi said local people noticed that wires were sticking out of jars kept on the tracks and informed the police.
Bomb experts have taken away the jars and would examine them, Gogoi said.
Northeast Frontier Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Subroto Lahiri said in Guwahati that train movement on the railway line was not affected by the recoveries.
Security measures have been intensified in the district, which has been witnessing protests against the upcoming Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council elections between November 13 and 25.
The protesters were demanding that non-Rabha areas be excluded from the Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened