Bomb-like objects found on rail tracks in Assam
Goalpara/Guwahati: Four bomb-like objects were recovered from train tracks between Dudhnoi and Krishnai stations in Lower Assam`s restive Goalpara district Friday morning.
Superintendent of Police Nitul Gogoi said local people noticed that wires were sticking out of jars kept on the tracks and informed the police.
Bomb experts have taken away the jars and would examine them, Gogoi said.
Northeast Frontier Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Subroto Lahiri said in Guwahati that train movement on the railway line was not affected by the recoveries.
Security measures have been intensified in the district, which has been witnessing protests against the upcoming Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council elections between November 13 and 25.
The protesters were demanding that non-Rabha areas be excluded from the Council.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living