Bomb-like objects found on rail tracks in Assam
Goalpara/Guwahati: Four bomb-like objects were recovered from train tracks between Dudhnoi and Krishnai stations in Lower Assam`s restive Goalpara district Friday morning.
Superintendent of Police Nitul Gogoi said local people noticed that wires were sticking out of jars kept on the tracks and informed the police.
Bomb experts have taken away the jars and would examine them, Gogoi said.
Northeast Frontier Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Subroto Lahiri said in Guwahati that train movement on the railway line was not affected by the recoveries.
Security measures have been intensified in the district, which has been witnessing protests against the upcoming Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council elections between November 13 and 25.
The protesters were demanding that non-Rabha areas be excluded from the Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America