Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation`s (IOC) oil refinery on Monday.
The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said.
Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Amonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused largescale destruction, they said.
A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery