Bomb recovered in front of IOC refinery in Assam
Guwahati: A powerful country-made bomb was recovered from a bag near the main gate of the Indian Oil Corporation`s (IOC) oil refinery on Tuesday.
The bomb was kept in a bag in front of the gate of the refinery in Noonmati area of the city, police said.
Bomb disposal squad safely defused it, they said.
Amonium nitrate and cycle bombs were found inside the bag that could have caused largescale destruction, they said.
A massive search operation has been launched for the culprits and security measures tightened in and around the refinery area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder