Boy killed in building collapse in Assam
Guwahati: A 12-year-old boy was killed on Wednesday when an old building collapsed at Maligaon area here, police said.
A group of local children were playing inside an old vacant building at Sakuntala colony when the structure collapsed at around 5 PM, they said.
Jibon Das (12) died on the spot after he was trapped under the debris when the ceiling of the building collapsed.
Locals rushed to the spot immediately and launched a rescue operation. However, other children were not hurt.
The building is more than 50 years old and has been unoccupied for a long time. It was earlier used as a workshop by the Railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'