Boy killed, police fire in air to control mob
Goalpara (Assam): Police on Wednesday fired in the air here to rescue a senior policeman held captive by angry locals following an attack by unidentified people in which a 15-year-old boy was killed and another was seriously injured.
The two were attacked by the unidentified assailants at 11:30 am in a field when they they were going from Moilapathar to Dhuptola market under Mornoi police station, police said.
Aji Bor Ali (15) was stabbed to death, while another boy Harej Ali was seriously injured, they said.
Angry locals took captive an assistant superintendent of police of a patrol which was nearby, blaming it for letting the assailants escape, they said.
Senior police officials with army and CRPF personnel rushed to the spot and tried to persuade the people to release the police officer, but they failed. Then they resorted to fire in the air and rescued the officer, the sources said.
The situation was now in control, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!