British tourists injured in Assam
Rangiya: Three British tourists were injured, one of them critically, when their vehicle overturned in Kamrup district Monday.
The trio, who had set off from Kerala on an autorickshaw for a tour of the North East, were on their way to Siliguri en route to Sikkim when their vehicle turned turtle at Ghakuchi, police said.
The tourists -- Andrew John, Stephen Doneur and Sarit Jay Patel -- were injured in the incident with John being in a critical condition while the two others received minor injuries.
The tourists were admitted to the Rangiya Civil Hospital but were later referred to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO