BSF nabs two in Assam, fake currencies seized
Guwahati: Two persons have been apprehended by the BSF from Dhubri district of lower Assam and fake currency with a face value of Rs 50,000 was recovered from their possession.
The duo - Hakim Ali Sarkar (32) and Suleman Ali (38) - were picked up from a hotel at Gauripur town yesterday, they said.
The two were nabbed when they had come to the hotel for delivery of a consignment, BSF Frontier Headquarter Guwahati Deputy Commandant T K Chetri said.
Fake currency with the face value of Rs 50,000 in notes of hundred denomination were recovered from them.
"On questioning, the suspects divulged the name of a FICN kingpin Jafar Ali residing in Patamari area of Dhubri. Efforts are on to trace the suspect," Chetri said.
The duo also said that the fake currency was brought from Soalmari village in Bangladesh through the riverine border in Patamari under Dhubri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj