BSF nabs two in Assam, fake currencies seized
Guwahati: Two persons have been apprehended by the BSF from Dhubri district of lower Assam and fake currency with a face value of Rs 50,000 was recovered from their possession.
The duo - Hakim Ali Sarkar (32) and Suleman Ali (38) - were picked up from a hotel at Gauripur town yesterday, they said.
The two were nabbed when they had come to the hotel for delivery of a consignment, BSF Frontier Headquarter Guwahati Deputy Commandant T K Chetri said.
Fake currency with the face value of Rs 50,000 in notes of hundred denomination were recovered from them.
"On questioning, the suspects divulged the name of a FICN kingpin Jafar Ali residing in Patamari area of Dhubri. Efforts are on to trace the suspect," Chetri said.
The duo also said that the fake currency was brought from Soalmari village in Bangladesh through the riverine border in Patamari under Dhubri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’