BSF rescues minor Bangladeshi girl from traffickers
Guwahati: A minor Bangladeshi girl has been rescued by BSF troops from the clutches of human traffickers in lower Assam`s Dhubri district along the Indo-Bangladesh border.
BSF troops deployed at Border outpost(BOP) Mankachar based on specific intelligence carried out a joint operation with police from Mankachar police station and rescued the 15-year old Bangladeshi girl hailing from Uttar Borbandah village under Kurigram district of Bangladesh from the clutches of Human Traffickers on April 29, a BSF release said today.
The minor girl was brought into India by an Indian trafficker Minarul Islam (19) of village Kaluchar under Mankachar police station and kept in the house of one Nadim Ali in village Kaluchar under the same police station, the release said.
On preliminary questioning the girl revealed that Minarul Islam has been visiting her house in Bangladesh and trapped her by misleading her that he loved her, it said.
Police was searching for Minarul who is absconding,the release said, adding, the girl has been handed over to the Mankachar police station for further legal action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days