BSF seizes ganja, liquor bottles and cows
Dhubri: At least 70 kg ganja, 549 liquor bottles and 34 cows were seized by BSF personnel in Assam`s Dhubri district from being smuggled.
During routine patrolling at Mahamaya Char BSF border outpost (BoP), three smugglers were asked to stop but they fled away leaving behind the ganja, liquor bottles and cows, BSF sources said.
The ganja is worth Rs 22, 000, the cows were estimated to be worth Rs 2.54 lakh and the liquor bottles Rs 39,100, the sources said.
Search operation was on for the three smugglers, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies
- Obama creates world's largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- How malaria supports spread of infectious cancer in Africa