Budget session: Noisy scenes in Assam Assembly
Guwahati: Noisy scenes were witnessed on the opening day of the Assam Assembly`s Budget session on Monday with opposition parties shouting slogans and displaying placards as soon as Governor JB Patnaik started his address to the House. As the Governor could not continue with his address due to the noise, his speech was taken as read.
The main opposition party AIUDF holding placards along with the AGP and BJP shouted slogans demanding halt to price rice, killing of rhinos and other animals in the Kaziranga National Park. They also demanded land deeds to people living in the riverine areas and end to corruption in the state.
After the National Anthem was played marking the end of the Governor`s speech, the House broke for tea break for about an hour before it reassembled to take up the business of the House.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India