Budget session: Noisy scenes in Assam Assembly
Guwahati: Noisy scenes were witnessed on the opening day of the Assam Assembly`s Budget session on Monday with opposition parties shouting slogans and displaying placards as soon as Governor JB Patnaik started his address to the House. As the Governor could not continue with his address due to the noise, his speech was taken as read.
The main opposition party AIUDF holding placards along with the AGP and BJP shouted slogans demanding halt to price rice, killing of rhinos and other animals in the Kaziranga National Park. They also demanded land deeds to people living in the riverine areas and end to corruption in the state.
After the National Anthem was played marking the end of the Governor`s speech, the House broke for tea break for about an hour before it reassembled to take up the business of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!