Central team to visit Assam on Tuesday
New Delhi: To assess relief and rehabilitation requirements of violence-affected people, a team of seven senior Central officials will visit Assam on Tuesday.
The inter-ministerial delegation of Joint Secretaries will visit Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and Baksa districts and see the steps being taken for relief and rehabilitation of those affected during the recent violence between Bodos and immigrant minorities.
Apart from Joint Secretary (Northeast) in the Home Ministry Shambhu Singh and Joint Secretary (Disaster Management) RK Srivastava, the other officers belong to the Ministries of Health, Rural Development, Food, Department of Drinking Water and Planning Commission.
The team will hold meetings with state government officials and take stock of the plans being chalked out to implement the Rs 300-crore relief package announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for violence-hit survivors.
Singh had announced the package during his visit to some violence-hit areas.
The officials also held a meeting with Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth this evening which was also attended by Union Home Secretary RK Singh.
Shambhu Singh will be coordinator of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state