Central team to visit Assam on Tuesday
New Delhi: To assess relief and rehabilitation requirements of violence-affected people, a team of seven senior Central officials will visit Assam on Tuesday.
The inter-ministerial delegation of Joint Secretaries will visit Kokrajhar, Dhubri, Chirang and Baksa districts and see the steps being taken for relief and rehabilitation of those affected during the recent violence between Bodos and immigrant minorities.
Apart from Joint Secretary (Northeast) in the Home Ministry Shambhu Singh and Joint Secretary (Disaster Management) RK Srivastava, the other officers belong to the Ministries of Health, Rural Development, Food, Department of Drinking Water and Planning Commission.
The team will hold meetings with state government officials and take stock of the plans being chalked out to implement the Rs 300-crore relief package announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for violence-hit survivors.
Singh had announced the package during his visit to some violence-hit areas.
The officials also held a meeting with Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth this evening which was also attended by Union Home Secretary RK Singh.
Shambhu Singh will be coordinator of the delegation.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores