Centre being discriminatory in Assam: Tarun Vijay
Patna: BJP national spokesman Tarun Vijay on Friday alleged that the Centre was being discriminatory towards the Bodo community in Assam where riots have claimed 50 lives so far.
Stating that it was the duty of the Centre and state government to ensure protection of the people, Vijay told reporters here that there was need for guaranteeing protection of the Bodo community and driving out Bangladeshis.
Vijay criticised Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi for not visiting worst-hit Kokrajhar-district.
He advocated for implementation of the agreement reached between the Centre and Bodo National Front in 2003 and demanded that Bodos be given ST status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!