Centre sanctions 28 flood management schemes for Assam
Guwahati: Centre has sanctioned 28 flood management schemes at an estimated cost of Rs 583 crore for Assam. The state government had submitted 32 medium and major flood management schemes last year, out of which 30 projects have been approved under the Flood Management Programme, an official release issued here today said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in his reply to a letter of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, informed that 30 projects costing Rs 10 crore and above were eligible for funding under the Flood Management Programme during the XII Plan, the release said.
Singh in his letter also assured Gogoi that the remaining two schemes would be considered for approval once the Ministry of Water Resources receives requisite documents from the state government, it added.
The Prime Minister hoped the investment in these projects would help in mitigating flood damages and ensuring safety of people in flood prone areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city