Centre sanctions Rs 9.31 cr for playfields in Assam villages
Guwahati: The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has sanctioned Rs 9,31,96,200 to Assam for development and maintenance of playfields in rural areas.
The fund has been sanctioned under the Panchayat Yuva Krida Abhiyan (PYKKA) and will be utilised for development and maintenance of playfields in 666 gram panchayats and 44 block panchayats, an official statement said.
Under the PYKKA, playfields are developed and maintained in villages and block panchayats across the country in a phased manner and competitions are conducted annually at block, district, state and national level.
The scheme was introduced in 2008-09.
It provides 100 per cent central assistance to states and Union Territories for holding annual rural sports competitions at various levels and also provides financial support for conducting National Women Championships and North East Games.
Across the country, PYKKA is planned to create basic sports infrastructure in 2.50 lakh village panchayats and 6400 block panchayats in a phased manner over a period of 10 years.
In the last four years (2008-09 to 2011-12), a total of 51,759 village panchayats and 1,538 block panchayats across India have been covered under the PYKKA Scheme for development and maintenance of playfields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17