Centre`s interlocutor Haldar visits Daimary in Guwahati Jail
Guwahati: The Centre`s interlocutor for talks with insurgent groups in Assam PC Haldar on Tuesday visited the Guwahati jail and met National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) Chairman Ranjan Daimary whose faction of the outfit had initially opposed peace talks with government without Daimary.
Coming out of the jail premises, Haldar told reporters that he met Daimary to discuss the progress of ongoing talks process with the banned outfit.
"The talks process is at a very early stage now. We are monitoring the process", Haldar said.
Although one faction of NDFB had initially started the talks process, the Daimary-led faction was against talks and subsequently demanded the release of Daimary before starting formal negotiations with the government.
But the Centre is keen to include both factions of NDFB in the process to reach at a permanent solution to the vexed insurgency problem that has rocked Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) area for long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter