Centre`s interlocutor Haldar visits Daimary in Guwahati Jail
Guwahati: The Centre`s interlocutor for talks with insurgent groups in Assam PC Haldar on Tuesday visited the Guwahati jail and met National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) Chairman Ranjan Daimary whose faction of the outfit had initially opposed peace talks with government without Daimary.
Coming out of the jail premises, Haldar told reporters that he met Daimary to discuss the progress of ongoing talks process with the banned outfit.
"The talks process is at a very early stage now. We are monitoring the process", Haldar said.
Although one faction of NDFB had initially started the talks process, the Daimary-led faction was against talks and subsequently demanded the release of Daimary before starting formal negotiations with the government.
But the Centre is keen to include both factions of NDFB in the process to reach at a permanent solution to the vexed insurgency problem that has rocked Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) area for long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy