CFSL team reaches violent hit areas of Assam
New Delhi: A team of Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory has reached violence-affected districts of Assam to gather evidence related to seven cases of alleged ethnic riots which are being probe by CBI.
The agency is trying to gather forensic evidence from the sites of violence to ascertain the types of weapons which could have been used by the miscreants during clashes, CBI sources said.
The CBI, under the supervision of two DIGs of its Special Crime wing, is probing seven cases relating alleged ethnic violence reported from three districts of lower Assam -- Chirang, Kokrajhar and Dhubri.
"The CBI has registered seven cases on August 10 relating to recent incidents of violence in certain places of Assam on the request of the government of Assam and after further issuance of requisite notifications from government of India," CBI spokesperson said here today.
The cases were earlier probed by Assam Police which have now been taken over by the agency, the spokesperson said.
The agency has registered cases related to four cases of violence from Kokrajhar, two from Chirang and one from Dhubri, they said.
The clashes between Bodos and immigrants have left at least 77 people dead and more than four lakh people have been rendered homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown