Child `molested`, public thrash youth
Guwahati: A youth allegedly tried to molest a seven-year-old girl on Sunday but was thrashed by locals before being arrested.
The youth allegedly tried to molest the girl while she was crossing the railway tracks in the afternoon, a senior Railway Police official said.
Some locals at the BG Yard locality noticed the incident. They caught hold of the accused and assaulted him before handing him over to the Railway police.
However, the accused denied the charge saying he had tried to stop the girl from crossing the tracks as a train was approaching.
The girl, who stays in a nearby area, has been sent for medical check-up.
Railway police were interrogating the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city