Child `molested`, public thrash youth
Guwahati: A youth allegedly tried to molest a seven-year-old girl on Sunday but was thrashed by locals before being arrested.
The youth allegedly tried to molest the girl while she was crossing the railway tracks in the afternoon, a senior Railway Police official said.
Some locals at the BG Yard locality noticed the incident. They caught hold of the accused and assaulted him before handing him over to the Railway police.
However, the accused denied the charge saying he had tried to stop the girl from crossing the tracks as a train was approaching.
The girl, who stays in a nearby area, has been sent for medical check-up.
Railway police were interrogating the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA