Child `molested`, public thrash youth
Guwahati: A youth allegedly tried to molest a seven-year-old girl on Sunday but was thrashed by locals before being arrested.
The youth allegedly tried to molest the girl while she was crossing the railway tracks in the afternoon, a senior Railway Police official said.
Some locals at the BG Yard locality noticed the incident. They caught hold of the accused and assaulted him before handing him over to the Railway police.
However, the accused denied the charge saying he had tried to stop the girl from crossing the tracks as a train was approaching.
The girl, who stays in a nearby area, has been sent for medical check-up.
Railway police were interrogating the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!