Child `molested`, public thrash youth
Guwahati: A youth allegedly tried to molest a seven-year-old girl on Sunday but was thrashed by locals before being arrested.
The youth allegedly tried to molest the girl while she was crossing the railway tracks in the afternoon, a senior Railway Police official said.
Some locals at the BG Yard locality noticed the incident. They caught hold of the accused and assaulted him before handing him over to the Railway police.
However, the accused denied the charge saying he had tried to stop the girl from crossing the tracks as a train was approaching.
The girl, who stays in a nearby area, has been sent for medical check-up.
Railway police were interrogating the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube