Child `molested`, public thrash youth
Guwahati: A youth allegedly tried to molest a seven-year-old girl on Sunday but was thrashed by locals before being arrested.
The youth allegedly tried to molest the girl while she was crossing the railway tracks in the afternoon, a senior Railway Police official said.
Some locals at the BG Yard locality noticed the incident. They caught hold of the accused and assaulted him before handing him over to the Railway police.
However, the accused denied the charge saying he had tried to stop the girl from crossing the tracks as a train was approaching.
The girl, who stays in a nearby area, has been sent for medical check-up.
Railway police were interrogating the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price