CID has taken over 7 cases related to rhino poaching
Guwahati: Terming the frequent incidents of poaching of rhinos at national parks in Assam as "a conspiracy of certain forces", the state government today said the CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to poaching.
"The state government is concerned over the incidents of rhino poaching in Kaziranga National Park and other places in the State. It views the frequency of poaching incidents as a result of a conspiracy of certain forces with vested interest," an official statement said today.
It added: "CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to rhino poaching. Another four cases are being supervised by the CID."
"During investigation by CID/district police personnel, a number of accused/suspects have been arrested and weapons recovered which are suspected to have been used in committing the crimes."
The government, however, did not provide details regarding the cases being handled by the CID.
"A few horns have also been recovered. Further, thorough investigation is going on in all the cases under the direct supervision of senior police officers," the government statement added.
It also said that "the alleged nexus of some insurgent elements with poachers" would also be probed into.
"The state government has already moved the government of India to institute an enquiry by the CBI to unearth any such conspiracy. Any conspiracy to endanger wildlife will be dealt with firmly," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state