CID has taken over 7 cases related to rhino poaching
Guwahati: Terming the frequent incidents of poaching of rhinos at national parks in Assam as "a conspiracy of certain forces", the state government today said the CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to poaching.
"The state government is concerned over the incidents of rhino poaching in Kaziranga National Park and other places in the State. It views the frequency of poaching incidents as a result of a conspiracy of certain forces with vested interest," an official statement said today.
It added: "CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to rhino poaching. Another four cases are being supervised by the CID."
"During investigation by CID/district police personnel, a number of accused/suspects have been arrested and weapons recovered which are suspected to have been used in committing the crimes."
The government, however, did not provide details regarding the cases being handled by the CID.
"A few horns have also been recovered. Further, thorough investigation is going on in all the cases under the direct supervision of senior police officers," the government statement added.
It also said that "the alleged nexus of some insurgent elements with poachers" would also be probed into.
"The state government has already moved the government of India to institute an enquiry by the CBI to unearth any such conspiracy. Any conspiracy to endanger wildlife will be dealt with firmly," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA