CID has taken over 7 cases related to rhino poaching
Guwahati: Terming the frequent incidents of poaching of rhinos at national parks in Assam as "a conspiracy of certain forces", the state government today said the CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to poaching.
"The state government is concerned over the incidents of rhino poaching in Kaziranga National Park and other places in the State. It views the frequency of poaching incidents as a result of a conspiracy of certain forces with vested interest," an official statement said today.
It added: "CID has taken over the investigation of seven cases related to rhino poaching. Another four cases are being supervised by the CID."
"During investigation by CID/district police personnel, a number of accused/suspects have been arrested and weapons recovered which are suspected to have been used in committing the crimes."
The government, however, did not provide details regarding the cases being handled by the CID.
"A few horns have also been recovered. Further, thorough investigation is going on in all the cases under the direct supervision of senior police officers," the government statement added.
It also said that "the alleged nexus of some insurgent elements with poachers" would also be probed into.
"The state government has already moved the government of India to institute an enquiry by the CBI to unearth any such conspiracy. Any conspiracy to endanger wildlife will be dealt with firmly," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes