CID inquiry into Assam labour leader`s killing
Guwahati: The Assam government today decided to go for a CID probe into the killing of CPI-ML Liberation leader Gangaram Kaul.
"The government will order a CID inquiry into the killing of Gangaram Kaul and perpetrators of the heinous crime will be punished accordingly," an official statement said here today.
The 44-year-old labour leader was found dead on a roadside at Gutibari village in Tinsukia district on March 25.
He was attacked with sharp weapons, police had said.
Kaul had contested the Lok Sabha election from Dibrugarh constituency in 2009. He had also contested the state assembly polls twice as CPI-ML Liberation candidate from Chabua constituency in 2006 and 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey