CID inquiry into Assam labour leader`s killing
Guwahati: The Assam government today decided to go for a CID probe into the killing of CPI-ML Liberation leader Gangaram Kaul.
"The government will order a CID inquiry into the killing of Gangaram Kaul and perpetrators of the heinous crime will be punished accordingly," an official statement said here today.
The 44-year-old labour leader was found dead on a roadside at Gutibari village in Tinsukia district on March 25.
He was attacked with sharp weapons, police had said.
Kaul had contested the Lok Sabha election from Dibrugarh constituency in 2009. He had also contested the state assembly polls twice as CPI-ML Liberation candidate from Chabua constituency in 2006 and 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!