Civilian killed, two Army personnel critically injured in Assam encounter
Guwahati: A person was killed and two Army personnel were injured during an encounter with NDFB(S) militants in Kokrajhar district, officials said.
A joint team of the Army and police personnel were conducting search operation at Amjhora area last night when they were fired upon by the militants.
An encounter followed in which a civilian was killed and the two army personnel were critically injured, they said.
The militants, however, managed to escape.
The injured personnel were identified as Mahesh Kumar, a subedar and Dinesh Kumar, a sepoy, the sources said.
They were admitted to Coochbehar Civil Hospital in West Bengal.
Search operations were continuing in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?