Clash between Cong, AIDUF workers; six injured
Nagaon: Six persons were injured as supporters of the ruling Congress and principal opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) clashed here on Sunday.
District officials said the activists of both political parties clashed at Kachua under Raha assembly constituency of Central Assam.
AIUDF President and Lok Sabha MP Maulana Badruddin Ajmal addressed a rally at Kachua this morning, which was part of the party`s mass programme in the run-up to the panchayat polls in Assam.
After Ajmal left the venue, a bike rally taken out by supporters of Congress reached the spot.
Soon after a scuffle broke out between the Congress and AIUDF workers, which left six persons injured, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble