Clash between Cong, AIDUF workers; six injured
Nagaon: Six persons were injured as supporters of the ruling Congress and principal opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) clashed here on Sunday.
District officials said the activists of both political parties clashed at Kachua under Raha assembly constituency of Central Assam.
AIUDF President and Lok Sabha MP Maulana Badruddin Ajmal addressed a rally at Kachua this morning, which was part of the party`s mass programme in the run-up to the panchayat polls in Assam.
After Ajmal left the venue, a bike rally taken out by supporters of Congress reached the spot.
Soon after a scuffle broke out between the Congress and AIUDF workers, which left six persons injured, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'