Clash between Congress, AIDUF workers; six injured
Nagaon (Assam): Six persons were injured as supporters of the ruling Congress and principal opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) clashed here on Sunday.
District officials said the activists of both political parties clashed at Kachua under Raha assembly constituency of Central Assam.
AIUDF President and Lok Sabha MP Maulana Badruddin Ajmal addressed a rally at Kachua this morning, which was part of the party`s mass programme in the run-up to the panchayat polls in Assam.
After Ajmal left the venue, a bike rally taken out by supporters of Congress reached the spot.
Soon after a scuffle broke out between the Congress and AIUDF workers, which left six persons injured, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!