Clash between Congress, AIDUF workers; six injured
Nagaon (Assam): Six persons were injured as supporters of the ruling Congress and principal opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) clashed here on Sunday.
District officials said the activists of both political parties clashed at Kachua under Raha assembly constituency of Central Assam.
AIUDF President and Lok Sabha MP Maulana Badruddin Ajmal addressed a rally at Kachua this morning, which was part of the party`s mass programme in the run-up to the panchayat polls in Assam.
After Ajmal left the venue, a bike rally taken out by supporters of Congress reached the spot.
Soon after a scuffle broke out between the Congress and AIUDF workers, which left six persons injured, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant