Close shave for 6 babies as fire breaks out in ICU
Jorhat: six new born babies had a miraculous escape early this morning when a fire broke out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the special care unit for new born babies at around 3 AM. Patients and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine in the radial warmer unit
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez