Close shave for 6 babies as fire breaks out in ICU
Jorhat: six new born babies had a miraculous escape early this morning when a fire broke out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the special care unit for new born babies at around 3 AM. Patients and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine in the radial warmer unit
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray