Close shave for 6 babies as fire breaks out in ICU
Jorhat: six new born babies had a miraculous escape early this morning when a fire broke out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the special care unit for new born babies at around 3 AM. Patients and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine in the radial warmer unit
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what