Close shave for 6 babies as fire breaks out in ICU
Jorhat: six new born babies had a miraculous escape early this morning when a fire broke out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the special care unit for new born babies at around 3 AM. Patients and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine in the radial warmer unit
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Bombay HC seeks CBI's response on Peter Mukerjea's bail plea
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!
- Kerry, NATO chief press importance of alliance after Brexit vote
- 42 essential medicines to be cheaper by up to 15%: NPPA
- Three Indian naval ships visit Russia