CM dares AGP, BJP, KMSS to prove his involvement in scam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday dared the Opposition AGP and BJP as well as KMSS leader Akhil Gogoi to furnish proofs about his alleged involvement in the chit-fund scam in the state.
In a statement here today, the Chief Minister said that the AGP and BJP must come out in the open with evidence of his alleged involvement in the chit-fund scam.
"When the CBI had moved for charge sheeting the then Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta (AGP) in the multi-crore LoC (Letter of Credit) scam, the agency was denied permission. Why did the AGP and BJP leaders then maintain a stoic silence on the issue?," Gogoi asked.
The Chief Minister also dared the state BJP leaders to come out with proof about his involvement in the chit-fund scam. "The BJP is at the helm of affairs at the Centre. If they have any substantial evidence against me, why don't they come out in the open," he added.
Gogoi also dared Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) leader and RTI activist Akhil Gogoi to come out with evidence of Gogoi having taken 'commission' from chit-fund companies.
"If the KMSS leader has concrete evidence that I have taken commission from chit-fund companies, let him submit the evidence or else he should tender unconditional apology publicly. Otherwise, he will be served legal notice," he said.
The Chief Minister further said it is his government that had handed over chit-funds cases, including that of Saradha, to the CBI much before the Supreme Court asked the investigating agency to probe into the scam.
The Home and Political Department had handed over 15 chit-fund cases to the CBI vide letter No.PLA(V)151/2012/186 on May 6 last year, while the apex court entrusted the cases to the central investigating agency on May 9 this year, Gogoi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared