CM denies Sarma`s resignation
Guwahati:Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday denied reports of any rift between him and an influential minister and said there was no truth in media reports of his resignation from the cabinet.
"There are no such reports of any resignation", Gogoi told PTI when contacted about the reported resignation of Health and Education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma after the recent riots in lower Assam.
"There are reports in the media but I have no confirmation", he said.
Media reports are rife after local news papers reported that the minister had resigned following differences with the chief minister over handling of the recent riots in the state.
The chief minister said the situation in the Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District (BTAD) areas was under control and the government had issued instructions to maintain peace.
Sarma was not available for his comment.
"There are no fresh incidents and we have adopted precaution to ensure security of the students and professionals who are coming by the two special trains", he said.
Meanwhile, Northeast Frontier Railway chief public relation officer S Hajong told PTI that the special trains will reach Guwahati from Bengaluru late at night and security has been tightened in the Guwahati railway station.
"We do not for see any disturbances. Everything has been taken care of", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'