CM denies Sarma`s resignation
Guwahati:Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday denied reports of any rift between him and an influential minister and said there was no truth in media reports of his resignation from the cabinet.
"There are no such reports of any resignation", Gogoi told PTI when contacted about the reported resignation of Health and Education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma after the recent riots in lower Assam.
"There are reports in the media but I have no confirmation", he said.
Media reports are rife after local news papers reported that the minister had resigned following differences with the chief minister over handling of the recent riots in the state.
The chief minister said the situation in the Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District (BTAD) areas was under control and the government had issued instructions to maintain peace.
Sarma was not available for his comment.
"There are no fresh incidents and we have adopted precaution to ensure security of the students and professionals who are coming by the two special trains", he said.
Meanwhile, Northeast Frontier Railway chief public relation officer S Hajong told PTI that the special trains will reach Guwahati from Bengaluru late at night and security has been tightened in the Guwahati railway station.
"We do not for see any disturbances. Everything has been taken care of", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!