Committee to inquire into denial of mediapersons
Guwahati: Assam government has constituted a one-man inquiry committee to probe into the incident related to the denial of entry of mediapersons into Assam Legislative Assembly premises during the recent visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The Committee would be headed by Additional Chief Secretary Subhash Das and the report must be submitted within thirty days, official sources said here today.
The Committee will enquire into the details of the circumstances leading to the incident and will suggest suitable measures to avoid recurrence of such incidents in future.
Mediapersons were denied entry inside the Assembly gates on May 15 last when the Prime Minister had come to file his nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from the state.
The mediapersons had sat on a dharna outside the Assembly gates protesting against this and though later they were allowed to enter the gates, they refused to go in.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi came out to pacify them and to announce that the Prime Minister had agreed to meet them inside but they refused to go, following which Singh came out to address the media at the gate of the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'