Committee to inquire into denial of mediapersons
Guwahati: Assam government has constituted a one-man inquiry committee to probe into the incident related to the denial of entry of mediapersons into Assam Legislative Assembly premises during the recent visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The Committee would be headed by Additional Chief Secretary Subhash Das and the report must be submitted within thirty days, official sources said here today.
The Committee will enquire into the details of the circumstances leading to the incident and will suggest suitable measures to avoid recurrence of such incidents in future.
Mediapersons were denied entry inside the Assembly gates on May 15 last when the Prime Minister had come to file his nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from the state.
The mediapersons had sat on a dharna outside the Assembly gates protesting against this and though later they were allowed to enter the gates, they refused to go in.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi came out to pacify them and to announce that the Prime Minister had agreed to meet them inside but they refused to go, following which Singh came out to address the media at the gate of the state Assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living