Committee to inquire into denial of mediapersons
Guwahati: Assam government has constituted a one-man inquiry committee to probe into the incident related to the denial of entry of mediapersons into Assam Legislative Assembly premises during the recent visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The Committee would be headed by Additional Chief Secretary Subhash Das and the report must be submitted within thirty days, official sources said here today.
The Committee will enquire into the details of the circumstances leading to the incident and will suggest suitable measures to avoid recurrence of such incidents in future.
Mediapersons were denied entry inside the Assembly gates on May 15 last when the Prime Minister had come to file his nomination papers for Rajya Sabha polls from the state.
The mediapersons had sat on a dharna outside the Assembly gates protesting against this and though later they were allowed to enter the gates, they refused to go in.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi came out to pacify them and to announce that the Prime Minister had agreed to meet them inside but they refused to go, following which Singh came out to address the media at the gate of the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends